The Leading Edge, January 2019: A high-density, high-resolution joint 3D VSP–3D surface seismic case study in the Canadian oil sands - Sylvestre Charles, Jiwu Lin, Rick Kuzmiski, Philip Leung, Ahmed Mouaki, Shiang Yong Looi, and Qinglin Liu
Geophysical Journal International: VSP inversion Elastic full-waveform inversion and parametrization analysis applied to walk-away vertical seismic profile data for unconventional (heavy oil) reservoir characterization - Wenyong Pan, Kris Innanen and Yu Geng
SEGAM 2019: Simultaneous accelerometer and optical fibre multi-azimuth walk-away VSP experiment: Newell County, Alberta, Canada - Kevin W. Hall, Kevin L. Bertram, Malcolm Bertram, Kris Innanen, and Don C. Lawton
Due to intermittent problems with downloading some of the papers from their source locations, all the papers mentioned below can be downloaded from here. The ones in bold are the most relevant papers.
EAGE 2nd Borehole Geophysics Workshop and GeoConvention 2013: A High Resolution VSP In The Oil Sands For Improved Reservoir Characterization – Mark Morrish and Laurie Bellman
The University of Calgary CREWES consortium was involved with a project HDSC acquired in the winter of 2011/12. A 26 page research paper was published that studied the dynamite and vibroseis VSP data, concluding “This is a high-quality, very rich dataset, that will afford many opportunities for future research”.
CREWES has published over 20 papers and presentations using this dataset, with more coming. The convention abstracts are more condensed, whereas the CREWES reports are longer and more detailed:
- CREWES 2012: 2011 Walkaway 3C VSP - Kevin Hall, Don Lawton, Dawson Holloway, and Eric Gallant.
- CREWES 2012: Reflections on PS: An interactive discussion of problems and promise in converted-wave exploration - Don Lawton, Gary Margrave, and Robert Stewart.
- CREWES 2012: A collision theory of seismic waves applied to elastic VSP data - Kris Innanen and K. Hall.
- CREWES 2014: Analysis of multicomponent walkaway vertical seismic profile data - Bona Wu, D. Lawton & K. Hall.
- CREWES 2014: Shallow QP and QS estimation from multicomponent VSP data - Michelle Montano, Don Lawton and Gary Margrave.
- CREWES 2015: Interpretation of a multicomponent walkaway vertical seismic profile data - Bona Wu, D.Lawton, K.Hall (Available as a research paper or a slide show)
- CREWES 2015: Shear wave attenuation measurements from converted-wave VSP data– Michelle Montano, Don Lawton, Gary Margrave (Available as a research paper or a slide show)
- CREWES 2015: Direct measurement of near surface seismic body wave dispersion from uncorrelated vibrsoseis data - Kris Innanen
- GeoConvention 2015: Analysis of multicomponent walkaway vertical seismic profile data – Bona Wu, D.Lawton, K.Hall
- GeoConvention 2015: QP and QS estimation from multicomponent VSP data – Michelle Montano, Don Lawton, Gary Margrave
- SEGAM 2015: Near-surface Q estimation: an approach using the up-going wave-field in vertical seismic profile data - Michelle Montano, Don Lawton and Gary Margrave
- SEGAM 2015: Processing and interpretation of multicomponent walkaway vertical seismic profile data – a case study of a heavy oil reservoir - Bona Wu, Don Lawton, and Kevin Hall
- GeoConvention 2016: Shear wave attenuation measurements from converted-wave VSP data - Michelle Montano, Don Lawton, and Gary Margrave
- GeoConvention 2016: Interpretation of a multicomponent walkaway VSP experiment - Bona Wu, D. Lawton, K. Hall
- GeoConvention 2017: Time domain internal multiple prediction on synthetic and field vertical seismic profile data - Matthew Eaid and Kristopher Innanen